[kwlug-disc] OT: Online TV services?

Mark Steffen rmarksteffen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 17:28:59 EDT 2017

Forgot to mention, and while it's not really a Linux/OSS solution, I also
have one of Ottawa's Tablo TV boxes hooked up to an OTA antenna in the
attic and a USB drive.  It plays to the Nvidia Shield android TV box as
well as our tablets/phones.  TBH though it really gets almost no use since
we pretty much only use Netflix and Youtube.  In south Kitchener, with a 4
bay antenna in the attic I get CBC 5, CTV, CTV2, CHCH, TVO, CITY, YESTV (or
whatever the religious one is in Burlington), Global, CKCO, and
occasionally PBS and CW in Buffalo if the weather is right.  Tablo does
full PVR and guide and all that, it's a great setup too bad I really don't
use it.

Prior to Netflix we mainly did OTA (news, HNIC, and some shows the wife
likes) + KPL for DVDs, never been a big TV watching household.

*Mark Steffen*
Office Direct: +1.226.476.1240 | Mobile: +1.226.600.0464
*"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -Abraham Lincoln*