[kwlug-disc] GUI Remote Access

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Jun 25 12:20:37 EDT 2017

I did not know such a thing was possible. If it was (and you were not
port forwarding) then arbitrary traffic from some application would be
able to initiate incoming connections through your firewall.
That seems like a bad idea.

As far as I know TeamViewer makes this work by having a third server.
Both parties connect to this broker server with outbound connections.
Then once the connection is established I believe the broker is no
longer necessary.  You can mimic this with VNC and SSH (eg
https://github.com/pnijjar/remote-help ) . This works okay for remote
troubleshooting, but it does not offer a seamless experience for day
to day work.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org