[kwlug-disc] Firefox 54 with multi-process?

Keefer Rourke mail at krourke.org
Thu Jun 15 18:27:36 EDT 2017

Bob,

EME has been present in the builds of Firefox that I've been using on
Ubuntu 16.10 and 17.04 since at least Firefox 52. I'm fairly certain
they came around to Ubuntu earlier than that though.

There's a convenient toggle in about:preferences#content that lets you
disable/enable the Content Decryption Module (CDM) which is used to decrypt, decode, and playback Widevine video (such as is found on Amazon Video, Netflix, and increasingly on Youtube).

Icecat/Iceweasel/whatever it is actually called doesn't have this
feature or any of the relevant code in any of it/their/whatever builds.

-- Keefer, I dunno, something about freedoms iirc