[kwlug-disc] Subtitles and Metadata

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 08:16:55 EST 2017

Yes, I always rename the .srt to exactly match the .mkv; none of that
.en.srt crap..  But the Sony TV doesn't care.  It just doesn't look for
external files.  The subtitles have to be encoded inside the video file.

Ultimately I want to stick a Raspi with Kodi behind the TV and live the
good life, but that won't happen until after I run a network cable down the
wall into the basement where the switches reside.  And that might be a
while yet...  Item # 354 on the Honey-do list...  But as you know the Kodi
box will solve most of my problems.

In the meantime, this is a very long and tedious, but needs-to-be-done
process.  If nothing else I'm deleting movies that I know I'll never watch
again, so my paycheque for this work is a bit more free HDD space.