[kwlug-disc] Blogging software for Linux

Jeff Smith crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:58:35 EST 2017

Thanks for this.  I looked and now I'm really worried!  Seems none of these clients listed under Linux are being maintained anymore.  In fact, some are nearly ten years dead now.

Gnome-blog seems to have some potential as it is at least listed in the Ubuntu software centre..  I'll give that one a try.

But I can't help but wonder if I'm asking the wrong question here...  So how about this one:  is blogging itself dead?  And by blogging, I mean uploading snippets of information (e.g. "Coming Events", or "here's what happened at event XYZ") to a private website.  Am I taking the old-fashioned approach to these websites that I maintain?  I know WordPress is a security nightmare but it still seems very popular from what I see.  (I know that also sounds suspiciously like Facebook...)

What alternatives are there to blogging in general?  Does anyone still run a blog-ish website?