[kwlug-disc] Website Alpha 2

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 23 16:04:42 EST 2017

As with all giant infrastructure projects, the kwlug.org rewrite is
over budget, behind schedule and mired in corruption. (Somebody should
have been more discerning with the RFPs.) Nonetheless there is a
second version of the website up, which looks similar to the first but
has a bunch of infrastructure changes in the background.

https://d8.kwlug.org

I also have started a migration status page on the old website:

http://kwlug.org/node/1077

So far I have received feedback from only two users. Did I scare
people away by telling them not to bikeshed the project? I do not know
where the appropriate line to draw is.

I am still primarily interested in identifying problems and missing
functionality, but I guess I should not be so harsh about general
comments and suggestions. Or maybe everybody is fine with the new site
and we can just proceed?

In any case, please take a look at the site from different browsers
and environments and let me know aboot issues.

- Paul
--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org