[kwlug-disc] Drupal multi-site + Firefox = chaos & confusion

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Fri Dec 15 18:05:30 EST 2017

Hello!

I've restored a Drupal7 multi-site setup from old backups (Ubuntu server
16.04 and downgraded to PHP 5.6).

When I point Firefox at the server (on my subnet), I get my dd-wrt
router's status page, despite port-forwarding enabled.

Spent hours looking into this, no idea why.

I ended up wget-ing one site from the server (changing the /etc/hosts
file so domain pointed to localhost) and copying those over.

Then I accidentally ran wget on my computer (not server) and it ran...
pulled down lots of resources.

Trying again in Firefox 57.0.1 on Kubuntu 16.04... dd-wrt status.

Tried in Chromium - got the Drupal sites.  Konquerer: got Drupal sites.

Tried to install a new site in the Drupal 7 setup using Firefox and ...
it *worked*.  But still cannot load other 2 sites Drupal is hosting.

I hope I've explained this mess enough that someone can either suggest
where to look for my problem, or at least commiserate on the huge level
of WTF that I'm experiencing.

Thanks!

r b