[kwlug-disc] The Firkin has closed....

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 28 21:22:13 EDT 2016

The Firkin is dead....long live the Firkin!

> https://www.reddit.com/r/kitchener/comments/54lrn6/firkin_at_the_tannery_is_gone/

That means we need a new place for after meeting food and drink.

Someone had suggested and alternative recently on the mailing list, but
I could not find it. Please re-suggest if you see this, but there are
lots of options:

Descendants Beer, a little bit in the other direction on Victora:
http://www.descendantsbeer.com/

McCabes (this would be the most like Firkin)
http://www.mccabesirishpub.ca/Kitchener/

Rhapsody Barrel Bar (this one might be over fancy :)
http://rhapsodybarrelbar.com/about

TWHSocial (used to be the RumRunner)
http://www.twhsocial.com/

Thoughts? Other options? I think Jon might have mentioned another cafe
but I could not find it in the list.

Andrew