[kwlug-disc] GNUsocial for KWLUG [was: Datamantle]

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Sep 23 18:16:39 EDT 2016

Hi Mark: It would be great if you made a VPS available for a KWLUG
GNUsocial service!

I'm just trying to iron out some bugs with my test installation at
http://gs.sobac.com/ but if you're still offering then I'd love to set
up a gs.kwlug.org node. Steph from CCj/Clearline will need to get
involved to set up a DNS record to point to your IP, but that's really
all it needs.

GNUsocial needs a persistent database and filesystem for storage, so
it's not ideal for containerization. OpenVZ sounds like a good compromise.

- --Bob.