[kwlug-disc] Postfix/GApps Mail going to spam

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 23:28:00 EDT 2016

So it turns out hotmail seems to be putting mail sent from my Drupal site
into spam but gmail does not. I was also able to send from postfix on the
vps to hotmail without it going to spam. It seems like maybe the default
Drupal message is being flagged by hotmail.

On Tuesday, 20 September 2016, B. S. <bs27975 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/20/2016 09:20 PM, Hubert Chathi wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 20:22:58 -0400, Charles M <chaslinux at gmail.com> said:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Also set up the Google MX records on my VPS.
>>>

>> What do you mean by this?
>>
>> Are you forwarding your mail from your VPS to Google Apps?  i.e. is mail
>> going "sender -> VPS -> Google Apps"?
>>

> Charles, are you hosting your own DNS for your domain on your VPS?
>
> Not saying that's good or bad - it just points different directions for
> solving your difficulty.

Charles McColm, Author: Instant XBMC,
Columnist: Full Circle Magazine,
Project Manager: The Working Centre Computer Recycling Project
Web: http://www.theworkingcentre.org/cr/
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Twitter/Identica/Google+: @chaslinux