[kwlug-disc] Meeting formats

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 9 21:22:37 EDT 2016

Watching a presentation has been discussed at KWRuby too, and I had
similar concerns as Paul. It feels weird to go to a meeting to watch a
video.

Buuuuuut...if it starts discussion then maybe it could work. I have
heard others mention in passing that it has worked. Kind of like a book
club.

> Paul, I think you have missed the point.
> Rather than killing an idea, when ideas have been asked for
> as they have run out, out of the gate. If the thought has merit, the
> group will respond - if it doesn't, it won't. But that is theirs to say.

I did not enjoy reading that response.
I think that it was both unkind to Paul and arguing against something
that he did not say.
He raised his own concern, and then indicated openness to scheduling a
video presentation if a video was suggested.
That can hardly be described as 'killing' the idea.

Andrew