[kwlug-disc] odrive?

B.S. bs27975.2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:00:01 EDT 2016

I've come across a beastie called 'odrive' https://www.odrive.com/

If I'm reading correctly, it will permit one to connect to many cloud
services, even multiple accounts per service (e.g. Dropbox, google
drive), even for services that aren't Linux aware. e.g. OneDrive (MS),
gdrive (Google).

http://blog.odrive.com/blog/2016/6/14/avenging-the-nerds

Did I partake of that special kool aid when I wasn't looking?

Anyone have any comments or experience?

[Use case: At kwootcfri (K-W Out Of The Cold, Friday's @ First) there is
a fair bit of organizational files such as volunteer information,
schedule, LibreOffice files, and so on, and some concern that should the
coordinator's laptop die unexpectedly things won't run as smoothly as
one might wish. Dropbox (Linux compatible, shared folders, etc.) or
Google Drive (no Linux client, but shared folders, etc.) will likely
suffice. However, there are a number of larger files, such as video of
the training seminar, that would blow the available free limits. So I'm
trying to think of / find a cross-platform free alternate service
(suggestions?), and came across odrive.]