[kwlug-disc] Secure IM news

locklin.jason at gmail.com locklin.jason at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 11:28:10 EST 2016

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 16:02:33 +0000
CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed Signal on my Android phone a couple of weeks ago.  It runs
> nice, but of course I'm the only person in my SMS list who uses security of
> any form...  :(

My SO is my only Signal contact. She doesn't care about this stuff, but Signal
drop-in replaced her SMS app without any issues. The only hitch is data needs to
be enabled to message me in particular. She likes that it does picture messages
better than SMS though, and we have used the VOIP calling feature a couple times.