[kwlug-disc] Testing a mail port

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Mar 9 13:57:07 EST 2016

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Joe Wennechuk
<youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com> wrote:
> actually this is what I was looking for... dig..
> The domain is kwflowers.com but I get nothing
> interesting back when I do a dig mx kwflowers.com

dig mx kwflowers.com says:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
kwflowers.com.          86400   IN      MX      10 mail.ufn.com.

> Now I am not sure. When I use mxtoolbox to check
> kwflowers.com I get mail.ufn.com.

That confirms what dig shows.

So, mail is supposed to be handled by mail.ufn.com

Maybe this is what they want, maybe not. If not, then that explains
why email is not being handled for that domain.