[kwlug-disc] Meeting formats

B.S. bs27975.2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:16:56 EDT 2016

Paul, I think you have missed the point.

If what you suggest were true, there would be no interest in K-W LUG
presentations at all. Nor would there be so much duplicated content for
the same subject out there, vs the suggested 'I found this one really
useful.' And everyone would have come away from every topic with a
complete understanding of that topic and have completely implemented
every detail of that topic. And K-W LUG wouldn't exist. Yet it does.

Every question and barrier to implementation would be answered, by your
statement. Everyone will already have watched every bit of material, as
everything matters, and we all have infinite time. None of which, I
suspect, is completely correct or K-W LUG wouldn't exist. Yet it does.

You wouldn't be regularly begging for presentations. And this thread
about meeting formats wouldn't exist. Yet it does.

Please re-affix your impassive, neutral, moderator, whatever the group
wants, hat. Rather than killing an idea, when ideas have been asked for
as they have run out, out of the gate. If the thought has merit, the
group will respond - if it doesn't, it won't. But that is theirs to say.

No reason to kibosh freely available material in favour of forcing
everyone to reinvent the wheel every time. Material preparation is hard
and onerous, and not everyone's cup of tea. Especially as
non-presentation-professional, extra-curricular, volunteers. Or this
thread wouldn't exist, yet it does.