[kwlug-disc] Website management tools

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Aug 12 16:28:07 EDT 2016

If you don't like WordPress because of its complexity and constant
barrage of security updates then Drupal will be even worse.

Don't use one of the free online site creators like Wix or Squarespace.
Those let you do what they want to let you do, until they don't. They
certainly don't let you do the things you need to do. Also, all of those
things are horribly Javascrippled (not that WordPress is any better).

My preferred way is to hand-craft a web site, but my second choice is
WordPress. I like WordPress because of the rich plugin community. You
can do almost anything, but there's a plugin for almost anything. Maybe
a bit of cleanup is in order; I hear there are consultants on this
mailing list who do that kind of thing.

I've heard nice things about static site generators too, but I've never
used them.

--Bob.