[kwlug-disc] Fedora Flock

Mon Aug 8 17:36:46 EDT 2016

Hello all:

I have been around Linux for a while, but a recent convert to Fedora. I
read alot about Flock [1] and understand that it will be returning to
North America. As a long time Ubuntu Contributor who attended UDS
several times I am excited about the prospect of an in-person event. My
city hosted Flock in 2015 so it is that it would be unlikely for the
same city to be chosen again.

When I was discussing Flock 2017 with some Fedora friends I thought of
KWLUG as a potential host group to help organize Flock. Obviously I
can't really help organize from Rochester, but I wanted to pass along
the information to you folks to see if you have any interest. If there
is interest I can assist with navigating the bid process [2]. I have
included the bid for Krakow (2016) [3] and Rochester (2015) [4].

Charles

[1] - https://flocktofedora.org/
[2] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flock_bid_process
[3] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flock2016-Krakow-proposal