[kwlug-disc] Meeting for August

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 25 17:05:28 EDT 2016

----- Original Message -----

Don't forget whonix - https://www.whonix.org/

Think of it as a persistent Tails. (Runs in a pair of virtualbox vm's.)

Or, probably more importantly, Qubes - https://www.qubes-os.org/

- ability to create multiple (e.g. by app) segregated environments. Some dual-boot between the two. i.e. Regular OS for non-qubes use (picky apps, flash, etc.).

Competing technologies (segregation) include docker, firejail, LXC (and things that make use of LXC). ['Problem' with docker being heft vis a vis, say, firejail. 'Bonus' of docker is turnkey deployment.]