[kwlug-disc] Let's Encrypt out of beta

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 14 04:10:15 EDT 2016

----- Original Message -----

#9 sounds worse than it actually is ... Substantially, the internet / web browsing is used for information - quite frequently surrounding the things we use in our daily lives. Those things are ... products. We _want_ product information, ideas, and rumours from others, and such is significantly enhance by producers willingly participating and providing information on themselves. e.g. Product info, manuals, reviews, customer support, contact info., warranty info., complaint paths. And general public commentary surrounding all such.

So inherently there is a dichotomy to the internet in that we want commercial interests to be present, and so must have an environment in which they want to be present. I don't disagree that mozilla takes it too far and things are more commercial than I want them to be, but we also definitely don't want it to be zero. The balance point is ... fuzzy.