[kwlug-disc] Confirmation of meeting announcement

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Apr 2 18:39:59 EDT 2016

I think Yahoo is rejecting mailing list messages that originate from
@yahoo.* addresses.  So Yahoo users don't see their own messages, or
any other messages from other Yahoo originators. The rest of us have
no problem.

Yahoo has implemented DMARC, which tries to verify that the address
headers are all consistent. But on a mailing list the message sender
is the mailing list (kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org), the server
delivering the message is from CCj/Clearline, and the originator's
"From" address could be somebody at yahoo.com.  DMARC throws a hissy fit,
and Yahoo mail discards the incoming message because it looks spoofed.

My guess is that Yahoo raised the rejection threshold by another notch
in the last few weeks, resulting in problems for their users who use
mailing lists.

Christopher Browne from the GTALUG mailing list conveniently supplied
this link:

Seems Yahoo mail users on GTALUG are equally affected.

My advice? Stop using Yahoo mail.

- --Bob.

- --