[kwlug-disc] OT: Laptop repair, CR cleanup

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 14 20:22:33 EDT 2015

During the last meeting I asked whether people were still interested
in preparing laptops for sale. There was a little bit of interest, but
I would like to assess whether there is interest among list members. I
think we won't schedule anything for October, but if we have a session
for November then the traditional slot would be Nov 7.

Would you be interested in helping out? If so please contact me so I
can assess whether there is enough interest to hold a session.

If you are very sad that you cannot come to Computer Recycling and fix
laptops this month, then you would be more than welcome to help do
some spring cleaning in CR on October 24. (We are a bit behind
schedule.) Some of us are meeting in Computer Recycling from 10am-4pm
to move out old equipment, do some organizing of the shelves, and
enjoy each other's company. Unlike the laptop repair days, lunch will
be provided. You don't need much (or any) computer experience to
participate -- there is a lot of gruntwork involved in sorting cables
and such.

If you would like to join us on Saturday the 24th, please let me know
so we have an idea of how much lunch to provide. Even if you don't
RSVP you are welcome to come by. You can also come by for just part of
the day if that works better for you.

- Paul

--
"How to Win Proportional Representation" talk: Oct 28, 7pm, St John's
Kitchen. All welcome. (Contact me for more info.)