[kwlug-disc] LogMeIn buys LastPass

Raymond Chen raymondchen625 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:29:53 EDT 2015

I am a fan of 1Password, although I hated it so much to pay again for a new
version without any useful feature I need. I used to store anything but
critical password like primary gmail, credit card information. But I gave
up on this some time ago. I keep forgetting things and 1Password is so
convenient...
I've become more concerned on this, more so after learning the XCodeGhost
news. Even I believe the software stores all data in local. But if the
compiler is infected, storing anywhere makes no difference.
I felt a little bit relieved when I enabled two-step verification for my
Gmail and Dropbox. I wish this can become built-in feature for all password
management application, like asking for another dynamic token before
decrypting the local data file.