[kwlug-disc] Router dying?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Jun 22 09:29:12 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Sandeep Johri <sandeepjohri at rogers.com>
wrote:

> I've found both DLink and Linksys routers that I'm using to be very
> reliable.  I do however need to restart my main DLink router every month or
> so - unfortunately the stock firmware doesn't include a scheduled restart
> feature.

My DIR-835 has been running for ~ 1.5 years without issues.

But I did notice a problem like the above after I upgraded OpenWRT to the
latest stable version (14.07 Barrier Breaker). The network would slow down
occasionally, and a reboot would clear it up.

The workaround was to have a daily cron entry (around 4 am in the morning)
that called:

/etc/init.d/network restart

That made the network fast all the time.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.