[kwlug-disc] Router dying?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 18 14:24:15 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 03:55:32PM +0000, CrankyOldBugger wrote:
> While I said that I like Netgear, at this point I'm not seeing any Netgear
> offerings that are getting good reviews online.  Bad year for Netgear?
>
> At this point I'm looking at:
>
> Linksys WRT1900ac ($250)
> TP-Link WDR4300 ($80)

Going by reviews, top 2 Wireless-N routers are
    - Asus RT-N66U ($155)
    - TP-Link WDR4300 ($80)
Both are dual-band, DD-WRT supported (probably Open-WRT too), and top of
Wireless-N line from their respective companies.

I bought TP-Link WDR4300 first because it was cheaper, but it went
flaky.  I now have Asus RT-N66U, and no problem with its stock firmware.
If I had gone with Asus in the first place, I would've saved some money.
So, I recommend Asus RT-N66U which is the top of the line, by reviews
and by price.
--
William