[kwlug-disc] Linux Conference

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:24:35 EDT 2015

I do think that, given the tech community here, that KW is an ideal spot
for such an undertaking.

Advertising is key.  Don't depend on just websites.  Print flyers and stick
then everywhere.  Hit up all the user groups in the area, as well as
Toronto and London.  Even Windsor.  Newspaper ads will help as well.
Community event shows on the local radio stations.  CTV news.

And for a big help, encourage your sponsors/vendors to do their own
advertising ("Come see us in booth #XYZ at the KW Linux Conference on
 [date]")

And get Communitech behind it; they'll be a big help.