[kwlug-disc] Cell phone providers

Jeff Smith crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 09:06:26 EDT 2015

I think I used that cellunlocker.net back when I had to unlock Wifeski's
phone.

So apparently today is the day that the new law comes into place that
says that if you're used up 24 out of the 36 months in your contract,
you can bail without penalties.  Of course, with my luck my 36 months
end this month so no money gained for me..  But I'm interested to see
what offers the cell providers come up with now to win back customers
who are suddenly free to leave.  The Telus guy told me that he could
swing a special deal "just for me" and get me $50 off of the purchase of
a new phone.  This was just after I effectively told him that he doesn't
sell anything I want (i.e. no Ubuntu phones).

It could be fun to see what happens over the next few months for special
deals, etc.