[kwlug-disc] Problems with Ubuntu 14.04 sound

Dan's News Email 143news at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:25:08 EST 2015

I am having problems with the sound going up/down,  muted/un-muted.  It's all very random and frustrating.

 After I started to have this problem I created different account and it occurs on all of them.
Is there a way to reload all the audio related drivers that might resolve the problem, or do I have to backup all my data and reload OS system?

I have other systems with the same os version and they don't have this problem.

Dan Hergott