[kwlug-disc] OT: Teksavvy DSL plans

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Jan 21 19:36:23 EST 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 6:57 PM, Jason Locklin <locklin.jason at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 15-01-20 09:14 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>
> > The quality of the phone is very phone. I can't hear him over the static
> > and choppiness. They ended up getting cell phone plans because their
> > land line (actually VoIP through Acanac) is very poor, specially if they
> > are watching a video on the TV.
> >

> I've used Acanac's VoIP (among others) for almost a decade now, on both
> DSL and cable. If he is having audio quality issues, something is
> mis-configured or not working properly. If I was to guess, it's probably
> a crappy router that can't maintain the low latency of VOIP in the
> presence of the load placed on it by streaming video.

Here did change routers at least once. Still the same effect. They have
effectively migrated to cell phones and do not care much about the land
line anymore. It is bundled with their internet and they don't miss it.

I gave advice more than once, but you know you can take a horse to the
river, but can't force it to drink ...
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.