[kwlug-disc] Getting around firewalls

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 10:55:37 EST 2015

If it's just the laptop and the Pi, then Port Forwarding isn't relevant
here.

My guess is that since you have root on the Raspi, first make a backup copy
of the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file, then in there change the port to an
unblocked port (look for Port 22 then change the 22 to whatever), then do
the ssh ... -p on your laptop as I mentioned earlier.

On the other hand...  I'm not overly familiar with the Raspi, but would an
ad-hoc network be a consideration?