[kwlug-disc] Getting around firewalls

Keefer Rourke keefer.rourke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 10:21:24 EST 2015

I'm actually trying to SSH into a Raspberry Pi that is on the same network
as my laptop. The only time the two machines need to connect is when they
are both at the school, and in the same room, since my laptop will just be
used as a remote control station to send commands to the pi to make the
robot do things (that was probably poorly explained, but hopefully you get
the gist). Though I'm not very familiar with the concept, I don't think
port forwarding is really an option?

If it makes a difference, I have complete root access to the Raspberry Pi
which is running Arch Linux ARM (for the sole reason that the package
manager actually works on the school network), so I can change anything on
the machine as necessary.

Cheers,
Keefer