[kwlug-disc] 19000 French websites hacked

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 22:05:07 EST 2015

I have to ask.. if 19,000 websites get hacked in a matter of a few hours,
can we assume that the bulk of these were on the same shared host, or
should we be concerned that there are groups out there capable of carrying
out such comprehensive attacks?  Do we know if they used a particular
exploit that is somewhat indigenous to French websites or something?

I find this bit of world news a bit hard to believe, to be honest.  Does
anyone have any thoughts on this?