[kwlug-disc] SSH to a VM

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 11:53:16 EST 2015

You're right: dconf-editor is great for this..

Well, to confirm a theory, the problem lies in the "require-encryption"
setting.  I did a couple of hops through some other machines to bring the
VM up in VMM, opened dconf-editor and I can fix or break TightVNC's ability
to connect from work by turning "require-encryption" off or on.  So the
problem is encryption.

Normally not having encryption on would upset me but it's easy for me to
run through a VPN tunnel anyway, so it's no biggie for the time being.

For future reference, turning off the VM's encryption requirement is as
easy as:

gsettings set org.gnome.Vino require-encryption false

or going through dconf-editor.

Thanks alot for your helpful suggestions, though.  They really helped, and
I think I need to do some more research on using dconf-editor.  It's handy!