[kwlug-disc] Changes to the ownCloud upgrade process

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 21:59:04 EST 2015

They've made changes to the upgrade process in ownCloud (8.2).  I finally
found the instructions on ownCloud's website at

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.2/admin_manual/maintenance/package_upgrade.html

Essentially, doing an apt-get upgrade in Ubuntu will knock ownCloud into
Maintenance Mode, which you now have to unset manually.  I find this to be
a bit troublesome as doing simple daily maintenace in Linux (such as
updating your software) can leave your ownCloud server offline until you
notice the problem and go fix it manually.