[kwlug-disc] KODI & TV

Charles McColm charlesm at theworkingcentre.org
Fri Dec 11 09:26:51 EST 2015

> Interesting stuff, Charles.  I may need you to teach this noob a few things about it!
>I think where I run into trouble is that while I use the Synology for the torrents, it doesn't have Kodi.

It's not so much KODI but Transmission bit torrent client running in web browser mode. I played a lot with Flexget recipes and even after several weeks of tweaking I didn't have things perfect; the odd time I'd miss an episode for some odd reason (logic flawed somewhere in my script). It was a process for sure. The nice thing about Flexget is that it lets you test your rules before actually running the script, so you can see what would be added before it's added. Flexget basically grabs the torrents and puts them in whatever folder you specify. You just set Transmission to autodownload from torrents in that folder and you're set.

Funny enough I stopped right about the time we cut the cable TV cord. I suppose I felt less guilty about getting the shows I wanted while I was still paying for TV, but the probably truth is I just didn't feel like there was much worth watching anymore.