[kwlug-disc] Best DIY git service options

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 7 14:53:33 EST 2015

> I use docker to get a test system running in minutes

To a vm, or to physical hardware?

This thread has been interesting in the sense that it feels like git is essentially being used as a CMS, or back end central distributed storage repository, for more than just code. It had never occurred to me to think of git in that way.

When I think of source code control, I think back to hard settings within development IDEs. If this is being used by faculty / course material, then material classes (code, notes, slides, etc.) and transparent access mechanisms must be far broader than occurred to me.

Any useful intro articles / links out there that helps one wrap their minds around such nature of this git beastie?