[kwlug-disc] Does anyone want to take over Thunderbird?

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Sat Dec 5 11:03:52 EST 2015

>> I worry that people who've never used a proper collaboration platform
>> (like git or a network fs---Dropbox can count here), throwing
>> documents up inline in chatrooms will become a norm, the same way
>> doing that with email did.

> heh; that description along with the discussion above just gave me a
> really good way to try to describe what Google Wave was.  A linear
> chatroom which allowed you to go back in time to edit what you’d
> written, even after others had commented on it.

Reddit also lets you edit what you wrote, even after others had
commented on it.  The big difference with Wave was that *others* could
edit what you wrote.  It was a crazy cross between chatrooms and
collaborative document editing which was interesting from a technical
point of view, but confusing from a user point of view.