[kwlug-disc] Best DIY git service options

Nick Guenther nguenthe at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Dec 4 15:27:17 EST 2015

On December 4, 2015 12:33:16 PM EST, Giles Malet <gdmalet at gmail.com> wrote:
>, and it generally seems to do the trick. See http://git.uwaterloo.ca
>-- if you have a UW login, you're welcome to use that.

Thank you for setting that up!  I appreciate it greatly.  The "internal" privacy option, exactly halfway between github and not github, is great.  And I can add project partners to my repos on a fine-grained basis.  And for more official looking code it's nice to be able to have uwaterloo in the domain.  The pretty web UI makes UW look very progressive.

But I only found out about it by word of mouth.  I had the impression it might only be up on an experimental basis.  None of my profs or classmates have heard of it and most I've shown seemed suspicious of it ("you want to post our work in public?" "Wait, what is git without GitHub?").  Are you marketing it to campus at all?
--
Nick Guenther
4B Joint Stats/CS