[kwlug-disc] Does anyone want to take over Thunderbird?

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Thu Dec 3 20:17:10 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----

This is what filters are for.

e.g. kwlug-disc and kwlug-announce messages get automatically put into their respective folders. (And those on my kill list get those messages automatically set as read.)

Combined with:
- folder filters / all, unified, unread (buttons above folder list) [unified handy for mass dealing with spam or trash]
- un/read on quick filter bar (buttons above message list)
- permanent search tabs along top for new / today / yesterday / unread. (Save a search under a folder - right-click and open in new tab).

Lets you tab over to things in since you last looked, or go to the sub-folder to only deal with kwlug messages (for example), and quickly un/filtering out read or not.

Filters make message / folder maintenance automatic. The results make the learning curve worth it.

And don't forget you can set filters in some webmail. e.g. I autoforward some to my sms e-mail address - I don't read messages on my phone, but when I'm waiting for something, at least I'm alerted to go sit down at the desktop.