[kwlug-disc] Does anyone want to take over Thunderbird?

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 1 18:30:39 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----

No. Else we wouldn't be having this conversation.

i.e. Thunderbird wouldn't need special gmail logic, their standard imap/pop/smtp code would just work as it does for any other provider, there would be no complaints or observations here that gmail does/n't work with foo - as there is. Instead, there is all all sorts of special code merely to accommodate gmail, as there is in any other thing I know that claims some gmail interoperability.

That we are having this conversation demonstrates the incompatibility.

Easy example, continuing with labels ... delete a message with a label and ... it's not actually gone. Until you find and delete it from the 'folder' of every other label it has.