[kwlug-disc] Does anyone want to take over Thunderbird?

Jason Locklin locklin.jason at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:02:14 EST 2015

The writing's been on the wall for Thunderbird for a long time. It's a
shame, though, as I've tried several other clients many times and always
came back to Thunderbird. I absolutely detest webmail -you lose so much
in the trade-off for not having to spend 5 minutes configuring a client.
That 5 minutes, though, seems to mean that email clients are becoming
extraordinarily niche. Even people who like to tinker seem to be
switching to self-hosted webmail rather than using clients.