[kwlug-disc] September presenters needed

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 19 00:06:52 EDT 2015

> Alternatively, is there a free-software based theme to use for a more
> open roundtable discussion?

Something Lori noted to me not long ago ...

The desktop wars are over.

Nobody won.

In it's place we have the browser / chrome / tablets / android / phones / thingies.
i.e. The paradigm changed underneath it. Which 'desktop' is underneath ... doesn't really matter.

I'll add - and ... for the user ... all data has always been in the cloud, to them. (Servers may as well be clouds, for all they know or care.)

I'm not entirely sure this is entirely true, at least not 100% ... yet.

The user is changing. Or, at least, their environment is.

Thinking about the users I support, how they are changing, and thus how my support needs to evolve (e.g. cloud, security, privacy, confidentiality) ...

Makes me go "Hmmm."