[kwlug-disc] Upcoming meeting scheduling

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 14 07:19:45 EDT 2015

Obviously I am fuzzy-headed, because I am kind of lost as to future
meeting scheduling. Here is what I understand so far:

May: Marc on LibreOffice, Jotham on systemd timers
June: John on Raspberry Pi 2, one more TBA
July: Chris on btrfs part 2: backups and snapshots
Aug: Andrew on git
Sept: ad-hoc meeting (?)
Oct: Raul on syncing files

Does this sound acceptable? I know I have juggled a few presentations
out of their usual order: July was going to be the ad-hoc meeting and
September was going to be Raul's, but Chris has to present before the
snow flies and it seems reasonable for him to follow up his (rather
awesome) presentation on btrfs while the topic is still relatively
fresh in our heads.

I don't think we have a half slot presentation for June, but I could
be delusional.

Andrew was also going to encourage somebody he knows to present a cool
new PHP framework. Jotham had a second possible presentation on
managing his home directory, but I do not know if he wants to schedule
that yet.

This ad-hoc meeting is quite fuzzy in my brain. Are we:

- Having a roundtable open discussion (which incidentally will be
  impossible to capture on the podcast)?
- Asking questions on the mailing list and choosing people to give 10
  minute answers?
- Asking questions during the meeting and getting people to get up and
  explain answers on the spot? (This could be fun and scary.)
- Something else?

It is fine to do whatever the group has enthusiasm for, but it would
be good to figure out what that thing is so we can prepare.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org