[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Sep 16 15:04:40 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Dan Hergott - newsletter email <
dhuwnews at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess if this happens I will have to get a rotator and stronger gain
> antenna and chanel master 7777 amplifier to pull in more US stations.
> Unfortunately I purchased the 7778 chanel  master amplifier, thinking the
> 7777 would be too strong with CKCO-TV antenna in Baden, I guess I made a
> bad choice.

I tried the CM-7777, and did not get any US stations consistently with it
in Waterloo's west side (Erb and Fischer Hallman). Neither does the
Kitztech KT-200. Both with the CM-4228HD antenna.

The only time I get US channels, is on warm evenings without rain. And even
so, it is not consistent ...

So, US channels is not an option without me having a tall tower like the
people in the country side do ...

The CRTC is so wrong on this, and so is the CBC. The cable monopolies, we
know their motives. But the CBC is funded by the public (mostly), and the
CRTC should serve the public interest. Appalling ...
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.