[kwlug-disc] question about Webcam, Mic, Headphone for Skype video calls

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 29 12:50:03 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:34:04AM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> One thing I found out was if you are running a 64 bit Linux, you need
> to enable multiarch, since Skype is built as i386 not amd64.

Yeah, I found it odd.  Also, distro choices are old versions, eg.
    Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 7.0, Fedora 16, OpenSUSU 12.1
And, it requires Qt, which means Kubuntu.

I'm running 64-bit Slackware, and it's 64-bit only.  So, not only do I
need webcam/mic, but also a 32-bit machine. :-(

Has anyone tried Skype from VM (VirtualBox or Qemu)?
--
William