[kwlug-disc] Another SSL "threat" in the news

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Oct 15 11:16:02 EDT 2014

Here are some details, from Google, who found this problem.

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/this-poodle-bites-exploiting-ssl-30.html

The CBC article says the solution is to disable SSL 3.0, but does not
say how a consumer would go about doing this.

Some of the comments here are helpful for techies like us, describing
why SSL 3.0 lives on in browsers (old gear).

http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?threshold=3&mode=thread&commentsort=0&op=Change&sid=5827657