[kwlug-disc] Why I love Linux

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 08:39:23 EDT 2014

There's really not much to talk about, but this is the website:
http://trinityhome.org/

But it's really my first exposure to Linux, if I think about it.  I've been
using it for years.  You download the ISO, burn it to a CD, boot the
infected machine with the CD and select the "scan" option.  Go make tea.

Being someone who once had an infected machine infect his AV floppy <insert
crude joke here>, the idea of a non-writeable CD, and using (somewhat)
non-infectable Linux was what caught my eye.

It's really just fire-and-forget, so not enough to give even a 1 minute
presentation.  Unless everyone wants to sit around and watch it scan a hard
disk for 12 hours...