[kwlug-disc] (question) What embedded board do you have?

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Fri Oct 3 01:03:49 EDT 2014

On 2014-10-02 22:54, Chris Craig wrote:
> It looks to me that the ASRock Q1900M doesn't come with RAM, requires
> a full ATX power supply and is missing the dozens of GPIO pins that
> are the main draw (IMO) for hobby boards.

Dunno about specific boards like the ASRock Q1900M mentioned above.
But I agree with the comment about GPIO pins.
Add to that the availability of peripherals like UART, USART, SPI, USB,
Timers, Counters, PWM, ADC, DAC, Thermometer, Accelerometer(s), etc.
whether internal to the CPU or on external devices.

For example, the Atmel ATmega2560 CPU has 4 USARTs and a host of other
peripherals.
Similarly, the Microchip series of microcontrollers include products
with a varied a mix of peripherals.

Perhaps the OP could define what is meant by "embedded board"? N'est pas?

Regards
JohnJ