[kwlug-disc] More news on ownCloud

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 01:01:29 EST 2014

Technically, those people packaged it for Debian.  Ubuntu just pulls in
everything from Debian and calls it "universe."

I ran into this years ago when I was self-hosting Wordpress.  Eclipse is
something like version 3.8 in the repos when 4.4 is current.  It'd be nice
if someone was actually maintaining crap in universe, but too frequently it
just languishes.

That said, this is The Way It's Always Been.  Ubuntu explicitly doesn't
maintain universe.  It's right there in the description.  "Community
maintained software, i.e. not officially supported software."

Darcy.