[kwlug-disc] Truecrypt

chaslinux at gmail.com chaslinux at gmail.com
Fri May 30 15:46:27 EDT 2014

Speaking of marketing tricks, I recently saw an example of how a marketer manipulated a chart about violent crimes in a state since guns were allowed. At first glance it looks like the point where guns were introduced there was a HUGE drop in violent crime, and the slope continued down. It took me a second to realize what they did, they reversed the numbers: the higher numbers were at the bottom of the chart instead of the top. So instead of being a huge drop in violent crime, it was actually a huge increase that looked like a drop.

But computer-related, companies still market 1000MB=1GB instead of 1024MB=1GB.
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Sent from my cell phone.