[kwlug-disc] virsh -- anyone using it?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri May 16 21:16:38 EDT 2014

10-4.

I imagine only really useful when you have banks of vm's.

Mind you, I still don't quite grok banks of vm's. I get, say, 10
different servers running vm's off some seriously redundant / high
availability hardware. (Web server, e-mail, file share, etc.)

Not so sure about clustering. (i.e. I get clustering, just perhaps not
in a vm environment. Or perhaps not more than one or two / failover, per
function.)

Certainly don't grok casually templated vm's being brought in and out of
service frequently/dynamically, except in a test I.T. environment on
temporary / trial / roll out basis. Unless that's the new 'terminal server'?

Which is all only to say, I don't yet grok it. (If it wasn't exceedingly
valuable / useful so many wouldn't be spending so much time making such
useful tools.) No doubt in a different environment I would more readily
appreciate it.

Someone once said to me, I think John VO, ... you retain what you use.
(And vice versa.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok